Job Title : Land Based Service Engineer L2 with Tramspread
Employer : Tramspread
Location : Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Position Type : Apprenticeship/Internship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Landbased Engineeing - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Agriculture
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01458
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to begin a career as an engineering apprentice with a long stablished reputable local agricultural business
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades A-E or 9- 3. Evidence of qualifications will be required. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Vacancy Full Description : Knowledge Requirement
• Understanding and compliance with environmental,
• safe working and relevant legislation, policies and practices. Company, client and Health & Safety procedures and their application
• How to record and communicate effectively using a range of techniques.
• The identification and correct application of tools and equipment used within the profession.
• Methods of thermally and chemically joining metals and components.
• Advanced technical and engineering principles applied in land-based engineering machinery, plant and equipment.
• The service, maintenance and repair principles and practices used to support complex machinery.
• How to access, interpret and apply technical data in the diagnosis and repair of current and emerging technology.
• How to work effectively and efficiently including accessing continual professional documentation.
• Techniques used in logical diagnosis and verification of complex machinery, plant and equipment performance.
• Emergency First Aid requirements and the Abrasive Wheels regulations ST0243/02
• Technicians will be required to:
• Access and interpret legislative, technical data and documentation.
• Effectively communicate employing a range of methods and customer care techniques.
• Demonstrate efficient and effectively work practices both as an individual and a team member.
• Install and handover machinery, plant and equipment, test and verify its performance.
• Carry out complex diagnostics, maintenance, repairs and re-instatement of high and low technology products and verify conformity to manufacturer’s specification.
• Maintain and repair power units, power trains, equipment, plant and machinery and components.
• Maintain and repair hydraulic systems and their components as appropriate to the sector.
• Maintain, interrogate and calibrate electronic equipment and systems
• Minimise machinery, plant and equipment downtime by carrying out diagnostic and preventative maintenance efficiently and effectively
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8am-5pm with 1 hour paid break
Salary : £188.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/08/2018
Possible Start Date : 03/09/2018
Personal Qualities : You will need to be flexible in your work as we are a team that support other departments when necessary, this is good for the business but also the apprentice as you will learn all aspects of the business operation. You will of course be an excellent time keeper, able to show initiative and work independently when required
Skills Required : Ideally the successful candidate will have a passion to begin a career in engineering, with the desire to learn from experienced existing engineers. Ideally once your apprenticeship is completed you will want to further develop your skills. Ideally you may have some experience of tinkering with machinery, you will be able to demonstrate that you have a genuine desire to follow this exciting opportunity.
Future Prospects : For the right candidate who has a desire to begin a career in engineering, who is willing to learn and be flexible in their working role the long term prospects of a full time position with further career development are excellent.
Training to be Provided : College Attendance: Easton Campus Block Release
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks. There may be the occasional need to attend either the Otley or Easton campus for short training courses and tests.
Other Information : Pay Rates: The current NMW rate for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour with effect from 1st April 2018. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in the industry with a contract of employment
Shortlisting/Interviews - Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close before the published cut-off date should suitable candidates be found.
Things to consider : Please bear in mind the physical nature of this role - you could be on your feet most of the day. The workshop can be cold or hot at times and noisy.