Job Title : Business Transformation Support Apprentice with South Norfolk District Council
Employer : South Norfolk District Council
Location : Long Stratton, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Position Type : Apprenticeship/Internship
Apprenticeship Framework and Level : Business and Administration - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Professional Studies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01376
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to develop a career as a business administration apprentice with a prestigious local authority.
Qualifications Required : Minimum of 4 x GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including Maths and English, (or equivalent).
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
Vacancy Full Description : As a member of the Business Transformation Team, you will play a key role in providing a professional and efficient service by taking responsibility for a range of administration and practical activities.
Working closely with the Policy and Transformation Officer and Executive Assistant, and supporting the wider team through the delivery of key projects and initiatives and the driving of changes which enable continuous improvement in all services areas.
· Provide a range of proactive administrative support activities to the Business Transformation Team and wider business as required.
· Provide business support to the Chief Executive and Executive Assistant.
· Assist the Executive Assistant with the organisation of corporate meetings, providing support by welcoming visitors, offering refreshments, providing papers, assisting with the timely production and distribution of agendas and supporting papers.
· Support the collection, monitoring and analysing of key data for the organisation, helping to inform business improvement and innovation.
· Produce and prepare information in various formats including letters, reports, charts, tables and presentations.
· Undertake and support specific project work, under the direction and support of the Manager. This includes supporting the monitoring of project progression and supporting the delivery of business improvement activities.
· Support the monitoring of team performance against business objectives and targets.
· Provide support to the delivery of the Councils Digital Transformation Agenda.
· Organise travel, accommodation and arrangements in relation to attendance at business events as directed.
· During key periods, provide support the wider organisation e.g. the annual canvass, elections, Going the Extra Mile (GEMs) employee award ceremony and South Norfolk on Show (SNOS) a local public event.
· Ensure compliance with Council processes, policies and procedures including finance, performance, HR, governance, health and safety, information management, data protection and equalities.
· Be prepared to undertake additional duties not included above that are appropriate to the job grade and qualifications, skill and experience as contained within the Person Specification, recognising that this Job Description will be kept under review and may be amended at the Council’s discretion to ensure organisational needs are met.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37 hrs p.w. Mon-Fri
Salary : £149.85 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/01/2018
Possible Start Date : 29/01/2018
Personal Qualities : Essential Qualities
Able to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
Flexible approach to work
Good communication and inter personal skills
Able to plan, organise and meet deadlines
Need to demonstrate tact and discretion
To demonstrate initiative and a passion for learning and development.
Skills Required : Essential Skills
Good customer service skills
Professional and confident telephone manner
Good IT skills
Able to take on individual project work
Able to work to tight deadlines
Future Prospects : This is a great opportunity for anybody looking to start a career within a local authority providing business administrative support services.
Training to be Provided : Qualification: Business Admin Level 2
College Attendance: There is no regular college attendance as the quallification is delivered almost entirely in the workplace.
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will Make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks. There may be the occasional need to attend either the Otley or Easton campus for short training courses and tests.
Additional in-house training is available.
Other Information : Pay Rates: From 1st April 2017 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Working Week: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week.
This is a full time 18 months contract.
We offer a flexible attendance system and the hours of attendance are from 08.00 – 17.00 hours on a rota basis in line with service needs.
All employees new to the council serve a 26 week probationary period.
Annual holiday entitlement is 23 working days per year plus 8.5 Bank Holidays
This position and Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience and begin to build a career.
Shortlisting and Interviews - Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close before the published cut-off date should suitable candidates be found.
Things to consider : Due to the nature of the role, the apprentice must have good attention to detail and a sound grasp of the English language.
All applications must be completed using the South Norfolk Council online application form; links to this site can be found on the on line service provided by the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS) or Easton & Otley College.